Logistics and fulfillment have become bigger industries in the last few years as our supply chain for goods becomes more and more international. Goods shipped around the world are drop-shipped to certain locations, using pre-arranged partnerships with companies that are unfamiliar with your specific needs. However, for Midwest and Wisconsin based companies, hiring Fulfillment Companies in Wisconsin provides huge benefits over hiring international (primarily Asian) or out of state logistics firms.
Here is why you should consider a 3PL solution located in Wisconsin:
- The state of Wisconsin has its own unique weather and transit. From Milwaukee to Green Bay, from Madison to La Crosse, from Eau Claire to far off Red Cliff, Wisconsin is a large and varied state. It is one of the largest states with 5.7 million square miles of area. It is bordered by two great lakes, Superior and Michigan, which allows for additional shipping options. However, the biting cold winters create many road blocks and delays. Only local players know how to navigate the weather and rough terrain. For international or coastal logistics providers, they will simply have to wait out any bad weather or rough terrain. Local fulfillment centers have the advantage is knowing the most favorable routes. They can cut shipping times by days, which saves a tremendous amount of money.
- Wisconsin fulfillment gives you immediate access to a large Mid-Western with a main transportation axes. The Wisconsin and Southern Railroad is a major route that links Milwaukee with the rest of the Mid-West including Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit and St. Louis. This route along with standard trucking routes puts many Wisconsin fulfillment centers within convenient distance of the lucrative Mid-Western market. Coastal logistics facilities require much greater time and expense to reach these metropolitan hubs.
- Wisconsin is competing with other Mid-West states as a hub for logistics. Wisconsin competes primarily with Illinois, Missouri and Wisconsin as a hub for logistics in the center of the country. As a result, local 3PL services provide competitive warehouse solutions and keep up to date with the best warehouse management practices, software and technologies. You will also have access to a wide selection of facilities and locations throughout the state of Wisconsin due to the many industrial and commercial zones available in the area. Wisconsin 3PL personnel are more and more professional and provide a continually improving service.
- Being near Canada is another advantage to consider. Canada is the largest trading partner of the United States. The US-Canada border is also the largest friendly border in the world. Wisconsin borders Canada, providing the ability for easy trucking and rail into the country. Flights to major metropolitan cities in Canada on both the East and West coast are much more convenient than from other parts of the US. Toronto, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and even Vancouver are between one and three hour flights from Milwaukee. Compared to logistics hubs like New York, Los Angeles or Miami, this is extremely convenient.
Fulfillment Companies in Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay and Eau Claire
The most popular location to hold fulfillment centers is Milwaukee due to the population density, the market size, the major airport and rail center. However, other fulfillment centers are located in Madison, Green Bay and Eau Claire due to their proximity to other states. They also tend to have more educated populations to manage warehouses and shipping. Madison especially is home to the state’s flagship university and turns out many educated graduates every year.
For more information, please contact us. Our friendly consultants will walk you through our system and how we can best help your organization get the most value from your logistics. Our convenient Wisconsin fulfillment location is sure to meet your every need.
Since 2005 We've Been Helping Companies Just Like YoursYour contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions. YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts - you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!